Configure the self-logout dialog recurrence
Use this procedure to configure when and whether the self-logout dialog is displayed. Generally, this dialog notifies users whether someone else is using their credentials to log in Sitefinity, with a message noting that Someone is already logged in under this username. and a button to Log the other user off and enter.
To configure the self-logout dialog recurrence:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- Depending on your authentication requirements, perform one or more of the following:
Save your changes.
- Click Security and select Disable the limit of active simultaneous backend users: disable the limit of active simultaneous backend users. If set this option prevents the self-logout dialog from appearing in any scenarios.
- Click Security and select Automatically logout backend users from other HTTP clients on login: prevent the self-logout dialog from appearing after login. That is, if you are logged in a browser and attempt logging in from a different browser, your session in the first browser is automatically terminated. As a result, the dialog confirming logoff is not displayed.
- Click Login and select the The default remember me checkbox to control the checkbox state on the login screens. The checkbox defines when the authentication cookies expire, thus reducing users’ sessions and as a result the chance of user sessions collisions across browsers.
For more information, see Administration: Configure authentication expiration.