Stream videos in iOS
To stream videos from your Video library on your iOS devices, you need to have Sitefinity CMS 6.2 installed.
You must also complete this basic configuration step:
- Use the File System built-in storage provider for the Video library.
To stream videos in iOS, you need to store your video files in the file system, as opposed to the database. In general, the database stores just the metadata of the video files and not the BLOBs themselves. Make sure you associate your Video library with the File System storage.
For more information about how to set the library storage providers, see Storage providers for libraries.
If you are using Sitefinity CMS 6.2 or Sitefinity CMS 6.3, you must complete two additional configuration steps:
- Add .mp4 as allowed file extension for files in the Video library.
To do this:
- Navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced » Libraries.
- Expand the Libraries node and click Videos.
- In the allowed file extensions filed, after .wmv, add a comma and enter .mp4
- Save your changes.
- Enable your IIS web server to play .mp4 files.
To do this:
- In Web Server IIS, select your site and click MimeTypes -> Add…
- Select .mp4 as the extension and video/mp4 as the mime type.
- Choose the OK button.