Upgrade from Sitefinity CMS 8.1 to 9.0
If your project is running on Sitefinity 8.1, 8.2, or 9.0, to upgrade it, perform the following:
- Backup your project and its database.
IMPORTANT: Perform this step, only if you are upgrading from a Sitefinity CMS version 9.1 or below to a Sitefinity CMS version 9.2 or above. This step is required when you change the .NET framework from 4.0.
If you have
Telerik.Sitefinity.All package installed, remove the package and all its dependencies:
- Open your project in Visual Studio
- Open the context menu of your solution, click Manage NuGet Packages...
- In the list of installed packages, find
Telerik.Sitefinity.All, click Uninstall, and press
ENTER to close the dialog.
- Set the target framework version of your project to .Net Framework 4.7.2.
Perform the following:
- Open your project in Visual Studio.
- In the context menu of SitefinityWebApp, click Properties.
- On Application tab, in Target framework dropdown box, select .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Save the changes to your project
- Reinstall all packages:
- In Visual Studio, navigate to Tools » Library Package Manager » Package Manager Console.
- Execute the following command: Update-Package -Reinstall
NOTE: You do this, because the changing the target framework requires re-installation of all packages. After you have removed all Sitefinity CMS related packages in Step 2, you perform this step to re-install all other packages that you may have installed on your system.
- In the Package Manager Console, install
Telerik.Sitefinity.All 13.0.7300.0 using the following command:
Install-Package Telerik.Sitefinity.All –Version 13.0.7300.0
NOTE: The BCL dependency used by Sitefinity CMS to integrate Azure search in previous versions is also removed. As a result, you can safely remove the
Tools folder under the root of your SitefinityWebApp project.
- In the Package Manager Console, uninstall the following packages and delete the respective assemblies from the project's
- Build your solution.